Friday, December 3, 2010

Space Marine Chapter chosen!


So, I think I have centered in on a chapter to build/collect/paint. I am going to go with the Sons of Medusa. I have done a test mini for the Desert World Support Squad. I have broken out the Land Raider that I am going to start with. I have an unpainted devastator squad with 4 heavy bolters. I am considering modeling two devastators with sniper rifles to capture the spirit of the Desert World squad.

In any case, I have a couple of 1500 pt. builds that I am considering. Kind of "all comers" lists. Critiques are welcome.

List 1:

Captain w/bolter, power sword, melta bombs, artificer armor, hellfire rounds

Assault Terminators (x5) w/ THSS, Landraider w/extra armor, mulitmelta

Tactical Squad (x10) w/flamer, missile launcher, Sgt w/power weapon, meltabomb, Rhino w/extra armor

Tactical Squad (x10) w/flamer, missile launcher, Sgt w/power weapon, meltabomb, Rhino w/extra armor

Thunderfire Cannon

Devastator Squad w/4 missile launchers

Devastator Squad (Desert World Support Squad) w/4 heavy bolters

List 2

Captain w/bolter, power weapon

Dreadnought

Terminator Assault Squad w/THSS, Land raider w/multimelta

Tactical Squad (10) w/flamer, missile launcher, rhino

Tactical Squad (10) w/flamer, missile launcher, rhino

Thunderfire Cannon

Devastator Squad w/4 missile launchers

Devastator Squad (Desert World Support Squad) w/4 heavy bolters

Comments, criticism and any other input welcome. Also, does anyone have extra information about the Sons of Medusa? I have bounced around on the web a good bit and found about 4 paragraphs.

2 comments:

  1. Cool. I'm normally not a fan of the helmet being different from the rest of the armor, but I think for the Sons of Medusa it looks OK.

    As you've seen, they were in the Badab War. In the recent Forgeworld book (Imperial Armour 9) they get a few mentions, but should get a full writeup in part 2 (IA10).

    Sign up for The Badab Project blogroll if you're interested; don't think we have any other SoM yet.

    http://thefallenprinces.blogspot.com/p/badab-veterans.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN!!! Man thats a nice choice!! My first SM army was also a SoM army! I just stopped because I found it to much work to paint so many bright miniatures! But definitely one of the best looking chapters ever!

    Unfortunately in that time not so many pictures of that chapter have been available, only the one in the old SM Codex. But I found some pretty nice way to paint them at the end, just stopped because I wanted more dark and to finish my SM army quickly! Anyway, have fun!

    ReplyDelete