Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Delta (greek symbol delta intented) IG

Big changes with my IG army. After putting together just a few of the Forge World renegade militia, I have no interest in building the large army of them that I hope to own where IG is concerned. My IG army will just be Cadians as they are 1/2 the work to assemble. In addition, I have decided to just put together a 1500 point force so that I can get a few games in before April.

Most of these changes come on the wings of GW's official announcement about the Grey Knight's release. I have dabbled in owning a Demonhunters force for 12 years or so, and I think the release of plastic troop models that is forthcoming is the perfect opportunity to go ahead and invest more heavily in them. In fact, I believe that if the models are half as excellent as the kits GW put out for Dark Eldar and Blood Angels, this will turn out to be the only project on my table for the rest of 2011.

All of that being said, I will continue to post progress on my IG here. The list I will be building initially will be:

Lord Commissar w/power sword

5 x Vet Squad w/demolitions, 3 meltagun

5 x Vendetta w/heavy bolter sponsons

Ratling Snipers (7)

It is a simple and repetitive list, but is the Air Cav army that I intended when I bought 9 Valkyrie models. Photos of progress to come

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Cadians look good too! Definitely don't go with a project that promises to bring you more frustration than joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually appreciate that statement quite a bit. I think that the forge world stuff would have been way more frustration than enjoyment. In fact, that is a lot of what I am looking forward to with grabbing a new codex and building an army from it. New models from new molds. Bits that actually fit together. Should be a very enjoyable experience for me for a change. I have been trying to put together a "highly converted" army for several years...and never finish them. I want to just build an army that I enjoy and play 40k this year. A lot of 40k!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that your sacking the Forgeworld project. Im the proud owner of 2 Death Korps armies and an Elysian Drop Troop army, and i have to agree, that they are a pain in the ass to put together!

    However, that being said, the end result is well worth it! Nearly every one of my 50 Elysians needed green stuff work on their arm joints, but im glad i put in the effort and pressed on, 'cos now i have a stunning army that im dead proud of!

    Hang in there, push on, and you'll be glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete