Monday, December 27, 2010

Chaos Renegade Air Cav!!!


This is my next project. I do not like my current Imperial Guard army. I have been sitting on these guys for a year or so. I think during my winter break from Kent State U. I will get to work on this army. I would like to get the troops built and perhaps get the hulls built for the Vendettas (I have conversion kits for all 9 Valkyries) so that I can get the interiors painted. If I build it just as is, it is definitely just a veteran air cav list. I would like to make it more rounded in the long run.

In any case, the current list is ~2500 pts

Company Command Squad w/plasmagun (chaos renegade militia command)

2 X 5 man Stormtrooper Squad w/2 meltaguns each (chaos militia enforcers)

6 X Veteran Squad w/demolitions and 3 meltaguns each (renegade militia)

9 Vendettas w/various upgrades

It can also be played with Valkyries (magnetized)

I am very aware that this is not the most varied or imaginative list...I plan to add a variety of options for regular play. I am torn on whether to give heavy bolter door gunners to all of them.

The baneblade kit on top is going to get painted to match this army and makes my 8th Baneblade/Shadowsword kit. I also own a vulcan megabolter Macharius (the Streetsweeper), which I like to pair with my Stormlord, and a Valdor (the Yamato).

Suggestions for additions to the army are more than welcome as well as commentary/criticism both of the list and the modeling/painting as I work on it.

1 comment: